Thank You to the Keta Legacy Foundation for the $16,875 grant the Trail Coalition of Snohomish County to fund a substantial Contribution to Snohomish County Parks Trail Maintenance.
The Trail Coalition of Snohomish County was able to facilitate this generous donation to the Trail Maintenance program at Snohomish County Parks because our status as a 501c3 non profit organization. This funding will allow Parks to pay for the purchase of major equipment that will be used in ongoing repair needs on the Centennial Trail and other future predictable repair needs such as where tree roots grow under asphalt sections of trail. Besides the Centennial Trail, the recent paving on sections of the Whitehorse Trail could have eventual similar problems. County Parks reports that most of this equipment has been purchased.
The specific equipment includes
- 2-gun Line Striper/Curb PainterMarking lines, parking space, ADA spaces, etc. ($6,500)
- Asphalt Crack Melter + Applicator for Applying hot filler to cracks in asphalt ($970)
- Scarifier/GrinderGrinding raised spots in asphalt and concrete (from root damage) ($3,499)
- Heat LanceFor cleaning and drying cracks in asphalt prior to crack filling ($3,499)
- Pneumatic JackhammerBreaking up larger sections of asphalt, concrete for repair or removal ($1,276)
- Walk-Behind Concrete SawCutting precise sections of asphalt for repair ($2,276)
- 6 x 12 Victory Single Axle 6 foot wide trailer to transport equipment and supplies for trail repair. ($4,139)